As Principal, Shaw Gentry is a licensed Mechanical Engineer that leads our engineering firm with extensive experience in design and planning.
He has planned and designed mechanical system improvements for a variety of clients in different market segments, including universities, hospitals, schools, government agencies, large theme parks, and private firms.
Shaw’s experience includes the study and design of central plants, thermal energy storage systems, cogeneration systems, laboratory HVAC systems, and building HVAC systems. Shaw’s experience also includes utility master planning, energy conservation measure modeling, energy metering analysis, fire protection design, and plumbing design.
Shaw has assisted clients through City Plan check, Division of the State Architect (DSA), Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), and State Energy Program (SEP) reviews.
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering- California State University, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering- California State University, Los Angeles
Professional License & Memberships
- Professional Engineer, CA License No. M36781
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Certified Energy Manager
- Certified Water Efficiency Professional
- Central Plants
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems
- Cogeneration Systems
- Energy Conservation Measure Modeling
- Fire Protection Design
- Laboratory HVAC Systems
- Building HVAC Systems
- Distribution Systems
- Utility Master Planning
- Energy Metering Analysis
- Plumbing Design